Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Thursday, November 4, 2010

LETTER: Payson's Bohlmeyer gracious in defeat

Photo by Alan Hudson
Elaine Bohlmeyer with family on election night.
Good morning, folks--

It's over, and it's hard to put into words what I'm feeling right now.

On one hand, there is definitely the disappointment and the feelings of futility. I would really have liked to represent you in the Arizona Legislature. I was looking forward to helping change our state for the better, or at least making one more progressive voice heard.

On the other hand, I'm relieved that I can run to the store without putting makeup on and don't have to look at everyone as a potential voter. I can spend my time with my husband and my dog instead of reading newspapers and articles about state issues.

Most of all, I feel grateful for the wonderful people I got to know or got to know better. It was gratifying and humbling to know that people I respect also have respect for me.

The best thing I can say about this election is that I lost in very good company. We had the best slate of candidates we could have had. Terry Goddard, Ann Kirkpatrick, Rodney Glassman, Penny Kotterman, Andrei Cherny, Chris Deschene, Felicia Rotellini, Manny Cruz, Bill Shumway, Prescott Winslow, and David Bradley are some of the smartest and finest people I have ever met, and it was a privilege to share their vision.

Thanks so much to all of you, and I wish you the very best as you continue with your lives.

Elaine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine is nothing but a class act all the way - she would have been a wonderful addition to the Senate. This is a loss for Arizona.

barack obama said...

She mentions the other democratic candidates and how smart they were,compared to her talking at public appearances,they probably are.Media says vote for her because she is from Payson.I voted for the best candidate and that was Sylvia Allen,who has opinions on other subjects instead of lets spend more on education.