Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Monday, April 22, 2013

What we'd say to Mayor Evans if we were editor:

If I were the editor of the Payson Roundup and the mayor of Payson told me something I could whisper to select people but not put in my newspaper, I would say to the mayor:

"With all due respect, Mr. Mayor, I am a journalist.  If you tell me something, I am going to share it with all my readers.  If you don't want me to share it with all my readers, please don't bother to tell me."

But since he's not a journalist in the classic sense, we'll share it with all his readers ... and ours.  According to a reliable source, the editor is telling select people that a 4-year college announcement is once again imminent.  And it's guaranteed to be ASU.

Now everybody take a deep breath ... or a long nap. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ASU has buildings full of PhD's that handle their affairs. They OWN what they use to educate people. Why would they RENT from the SLE? Is the SLE is gathering money from the Rim Country to further their agenda? hmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Here we go again. The Payson Roundup needs to go the way of many other print newspapers - into oblivion. Who needs a paper that doesn't tell you what it knows? Isn't it supposed to uphold the public's right to know?

We buy the newspaper but we don't buy an honest and full reporting of the news. What are we getting for our money?

Wonder if somebody is paying more?