Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Monday, September 3, 2012

Creepy Clint made our day


By Michael Moore
The Daily Beast
readersupportednews.org

Speaking to Invisible Obama last night, in a performance that seemed to have been written by Timothy Leary and performed by Cheech & Chong, Clint Eastwood  was able to drive home to tens of millions of viewers the central message of this year's Republican National Convention: "We Are Delusional and Detached from Reality. Vote for Us!"

The footage of Eastwood rambling and mumbling to his "Harvey" - President Obama - will be played to audiences a hundred years from now as the Most Bizarre Convention Moment Ever. The people of the future will know nothing about Dirty Harry or Josey Wales or a Million Dollar Baby. They WILL know about the night a crazy old man hijacked a national party's most important gathering so he could tell the President to literally go do something to himself (i.e. fuck  himself). In those few moments (and these days, it only takes a few moments - see Anthony Weiner), he completely upended and redefined how he'll be remembered by younger and future generations.
 
A few years ago, at the annual National Board of Review film awards held at Tavern on the Green in New York, I was there to hand out one of the honors. When it came time for Eastwood to accept his, he went up to the microphone and growled to me in front of the audience, "If you ever show up at my house with that camera, I'll shoot you on sight." The audience laughed, I laughed, but the person who issued the threat wasn't laughing. That creeped me out a bit.  I made sure never to go stand on Clint Eastwood's lawn.

But as I said, the best outcome from the incident last night was that it showed just how out of touch Republicans are these days. It's as if they want a divorce from us, the American mainstream, so they can go live in the land of legitimate rapes and ice caps that don't melt. Most Americans don't live there on Planet Koo-koo, and I don't suspect many will be visiting there any time soon.
Thanks, Clint: you made our day!

   COMMENTS   
+250 # Barbara K 2012-08-31 09:11
I didn't watch any of the RNC Convention. I knew I wouldn't be able to stomach it. Yes, the sight of Clint Eastwood has forever changed in my mind. No more hero to the rescue person on film. Your description was so apt that I didn't need to see him to envision the sight. lol. Yes, it was certainly put on visual display how delusional and nasty the Repubs have become. This is the worst set of candidates I have ever seen expecting us to vote for them. They lie, cheat, steal, and are a true danger to the people of this country. Presidential material? NOPE.
+114 # AMLLLLL 2012-08-31 11:49
For the DNC, someone like Chris Rock should interview an empty suit.
+53 # michelle 2012-08-31 12:34
'empty suit'! So brilliant, I am still laughing. What a great idea.
+37 # in deo veritas 2012-08-31 14:37
THAT would be worth seeing on Pay Per View!
+108 # X Dane 2012-08-31 14:09
Barbara .
I am usually in agreement with you. However,.... as I kept a bucket near...I watched pretty much all of the convention televised...stomach churning though it was. You DO need to know what your opponent says and is up to.

And they sure were up to NO GOOD. the lies were flying faster than a supersonic plane. They were incredibly vicious and nasty, and it was difficult not to kick the TV screen in.

I DO HOPE that the democrats will be FACTUAL and upbeat, not mean and nasty like the republicans were.

Reince Priebus is a nasty little SOB and Boehner and Mitch McConnel were as mean as we would expect...and then some.

Boehner had the nerve to liken the president to a rowdy bar patron that he would throw out like so much trash...his words. THAT is the Boehner, some call a nice guy REALLY???

As infuriating as it was to watch, I am glad I saw what a bunch of disgusting stupid disrespectful bastard the republicans were. You CAN be against someone without being that sickeningly mean.
+70 # in deo veritas 2012-08-31 14:38
The psycophantic behavior of the attendees reminded me of Nuremburg in 1934!
+16 # QDP 2012-09-01 07:42
Yes, we have not learned from the cause of loss of the Weimar Republik. Lies, Propaganda and Distortion.
+60 # in deo veritas 2012-08-31 14:42
Their nastiness is just to cover up their cowardice since they have no positive ideas just gutter invective and a medieval view of the world. NIHILISM is their watchword. I wonder how many of them had their hoods and robes in their hotel rooms.
+44 # Barbara K 2012-08-31 15:01
XDane: I saw enough, so much has been replayed over and over and written about, so I know what happened and didn't have to upchuck at all for the info. lol. I watch the Senate and House and I know how mean and nasty McConnell and Boehner are. I really could not have watched the nastiness they were bestowing on our Commander-in-Chief.

No comments: