Former Clinton labor secretary Robert Reich. (photo: Steve Russell/Toronto Star)
16 July 16
ike Pence -- Donald Trump’s pick for vice president -- is one of the most extreme right-wing officials in America. Let us count the ways:
- As governor of Indiana he signed the “license to discriminate” bill allowing Indiana businesses to deny service to gays.
- He has tried to halt the settlement of Syrian refugees in the state.
- His position on abortion is so extreme that, as a member of congress, he voted for legislation that would give “personhood” rights to embryos, and defund Planned Parenthood.
- He also voted against measures aimed at preventing LGBT discrimination, and he supported federal legislation prohibiting same-sex marriage.
- He also threatened to block Hurricane Katrina reconstruction unless the money needed was offset by cuts to Medicare and the national school lunch program.
- He has compared Obamacare to the 9/11 attacks (although later apologized for the comment).
- Pence is also a favorite of the Koch brothers.
TRUMP-PENCE: YOU'LL BE SORRY
DUMP TRUMP, SUSPEND PENCE