Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Friday, October 16, 2009

POETRY: Leaves of Three

Leaves of Three

By Diana Vincent

Who cannot fear

the Evilworld

of the devil-god

Urushiol?

Who dares cross paths

with climbing vines

of shining leaves

and tempting jewels?

The unaware

the ignorant

or most unwise

and fearless fools!

My arms ablaze

with flesh ripped raw

I scratch this scourge

with frenzied claw

His burning wrath

He’ll wicked wage

Urushiol will have His way

I am His,

the nasty chap

who freely wields

His toxic sap

For itching nights

and endless days

Urushiol will have His way!

Fiery rash!

Scratch, scratch, scratch!

Scratch, scratch, scratch!

Scratch! Scratch! SCRATCH! S-C-R-A-T-C-H!!!

Oh! Dear God!!

When can I be?

How will I quell

this August hell?

Heed my advice

I say to thee:

Beware the touch of the

three-leaved fiend!



Note: Urushiol is the toxic resin found on poison ivy leaves.

No comments: