Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One Blog reader's comment you must read...

(Editor's note: It's easy to miss comments posted by our readers at the bottom of Blog articles.  The following, written on Christmas day by an anonymous reader, is one we didn't want you to miss.  Scroll down to read the article that triggered this comment:) 

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "My Declaration of War on Christmas":

There is too much truth in the article you wrote about the war on Christmas. I cringe at how the people of other places see us Americans. Greedy beyond avarice, we want that big screen TV even if we have no house to put it in?

I love my country; I would never want to live anywhere else.  Yet I am often appalled at what many people believe are important issues.  So the article you wrote really struck a nerve with me.

America has become a painted lady.  All gloss, and glitter, and smiles that hide the ugly stuff underneath.  I wish there were some true statescraft persons out there that would inspire me into believing that the America I once had faith in still existed.

I have a job, it pays $8.50 an hour.  My husband is on SSI.  He's 66 years old and has had health problems his entire life.  We don't have health insurence other than his Medicaid.  We pay all our own bills.  Our house, small though it is, will be paid for in about six years.

We've worked all our lives to not be deadbeats, losers, and we've had to start over too many times. In the eyes of some, this is a sob story.  But not mine.  We are a success story.  We're the "working poor."  We're the 99%, and darn proud of it!

No comments: